Friday, January 9, 2009
Some of the features of the Volvo XC60
- Volvo XC60 has a characteristic XC design language, with a blend of passenger- and coupe-like car shapes - including a touch of well-known Volvo design elements. The formula-drive stance, with big wheels "in the corners", lifted visual platform and a very high waistline - all contribute to a sturdy and robust impression. The V-shape design, i.e. front spoiler, LED lamps, bonnet, goes all the way to the rear.
- The rear design is characterised by the tail lamps with micro optics and LED technique. The lamps, distributing light in a special way, give a characteristic "Volvo" design impression
- Panoramic roof. It is a new detail that replaces the traditional sunroof. It is divided into two sections and gives the interior an airy and fresh feeling. The roof glass is tinted and laminated.
- Roll Stability Control (RSC) and Roll-Over Protection System (ROPS)
- Six-cylinder turbo engine that delivers 285 Hp and 400 Nm of Torque. This engine is mated with a six speed automatic transmission with Geartronic. Geartronic enables the automatic transmission to be used as a manual gearbox as well.
- All Wheel Drive (AWD) for enhanced stability. All Wheel Drive is an electronically controlled system that distributes engine power between the front and rear wheels quickly and automatically, depending on which wheel pair (front or rear wheels) has the best grip at the moment. The system helps enhance stability and reduces under/over steering, and contributes to increased driver control and a comfortable ride. The system is equipped with PreTension® which improves take-off speed and delivers higher traction on slippery surfaces.